Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Using Salesforce

I'm in process of migrating to Salesforce.com for our company's CRM. Here's what I know so far:

1. Salespeople there are meticulous during the sales process. I'm hoping this is because they're using Salesforce for their CRM.

2. You can get a user "seat" for about $65/month, and set up billing quarterly, semi-annually, annually, or bi-annually. Bi-annual prepayment gets you a discount.

3. I posted a "user case" on my profile, and received a call from a tech guy within a couple of days. He left me a voicemail because I couldn't take his call. I called him back and left him a voicemail. Another tech guy called me back about an hour later and walked me through the answer to my question. He was clear and thorough.

4. If you are using a contant/registration form on your website and you want to fully integrate Salesforce into your sales processes, you'll need to pull out the contact/webform on your website that exists and replace it with the Salesforce "web-to-lead" form.

That's all for now. Still haven't migrated our contact data over because of the day-t0-day fires, but I'm cautiously optimistic. Would be nice to be able to employ a consultant to handle the migration for us. But seeing that we're paying less that $1500/year, I'm not about to pay $2-3K to have someone come in and do this for us. (Though maybe I should, but cash flow is always the challenge in start-up land...)


Digg!

No comments: